This scholarship is sponsored by the Music Therapy Association of Minnesota in honor and memory of Terrie Lynn (Wolles) McCoss. Terrie (Wolles) McCoss was considered an “out of state” intern from Aberdeen, South Dakota that decided to complete her internship here in Minnesota after graduating with a degree in music therapy from the University of Minnesota. Members of the music therapy community who knew her said she absolutely enjoyed her internship experience here in Minnesota and most importantly all of the support she received. Upon her completion of her internship she decided to stay in Minnesota and work as a board-certified music therapist at Granite Falls Manor located in Granite Falls, MN. She was an outstanding music therapist, pianist, and vocalist! With her caring smile and love for people, this internship scholarship was created to honor her life and legacy by providing support financially to anyone who chooses to complete their music therapy internship experience in the state of MN.
Deadlines: January 31st and July 31st
– Must currently be in one of the AMTA approved National Roster or University Affiliated Internship programs in MN
– All materials submitted by the deadline closest to your internship midpoint
– Three letters of reference (one from educational source, one from practicum supervisor, and one additional) should be e-mailed directly to pres.electMTAM@gmail.com
– Proof of internship in MN (letter from your internship supervisor)
– One-page essay describing your musical inspirations and what led you to pursue music therapy
– Resume (including work history, community service, extracurricular, etc.)
– Unofficial transcript(s) and/or official transcripts from all secondary schooling experience(s)
– Link or upload audition video(s). Video(s) should include one song with voice and piano, one song with voice and guitar, and one performance piece on primary instrument.
Please note: Applications are not considered complete until all letters of reference have been received. Recipients will be chosen based upon submission of all necessary materials, meeting the deadline and meeting all necessary criteria.
Any questions about this form or the application process can be directed to the President-Elect of MTAM at pres.electMTAM@gmail.com. Recipients will be notified by e-mail and scholarship funds will be sent via postal mail to the internship site supervisor to be presented at midterm or upon reception if the intern is beyond their midpoint.
Apply here by clicking this link or copying and pasting this URL into your search engine: