Welcome! The Music Therapy Association of Minnesota is glad you stopped by!
Please find resources on this page to learn more about what music therapy is and where to find a music therapist near you.
Would you like a playlist to use when you’re feeling down and wanting to be lifted up? Here is a great example of a way to use music with intention. This playlist was created by singer-songwriter and music therapist, Sarah Blacker, and can be found among other playlists in Suzanne B. Hanser’s article, “Music Brings Growth.”
Sad to Hopeful Sample Playlist
1) End of the Day – Beck
2) Ease the Burn – Sarah Blacker
3) I Can Change – Lake Street Dive
4) Slow Burn – Kacey Musgraves
5) A Beautiful Noise – Alicia Keys, Brandi Carlile
6) My Silver Lining – First Aid Kit
7) If It Takes a Lifetime – Jason Isbell
8) I’ll Get Along – Michael Kiwanuka
9) Brightest Light – Radio Edit – FDVM, Josh Wantie
10) A Sky Full of Stars – Coldplay
Disclaimer: The playlists presented here are for general consumer use. A playlist is not music therapy, nor is it a replacement for working with a music therapist. These specific songs may not be meaningful to all consumers. This is a guide on how to use music as a therapeutic tool in your own life.
Feel free to see whether there is a music therapist working near you. Find music therapists around the state in the Community Music Therapy Provider List