Friends of MTAM
Nominate a Friend of MTAM
1. Nominee has contributed to music therapy in MN in some way e.g., professional advocacy, donations to music therapy projects.
2. Nomination process: Nominator must write a 1 page essay detailing nominee’s contributions to music therapy in Minnesota.
3. Contributions of nominee are preferred to have occurred in the year nominated but are not required.
4. Must be nominated by a member of MTAM.
5. Nomination must be received thirty days prior to Spring conference.
6. Award will be presented during Spring conference.
Representative Nora Slawik
Fall 2012 Friend of MTAM
Rep. Slawik sat on the Autism Society of Minnesota’s Board of Directors and offered to help music therapists gain licensure by authoring and introducing a bill on the floor of the Minnesota house. She assisted the task force in making strong connections and ensured that we were ready to continue this journey next legislative session.
2012 Fall Friend of MTAM
Sara works in the legislative branch of the government and provided huge amounts of assistance in planning and implementing a Day on the Hill. She now has been a vocal advocate for music therapy and is eager to participate in next year’s Day on the Hill.