Patient Care (Non RN/LPN)
Provide music therapy services to patients in accordance with the standards of Music Therapy Clinical Practice. Services include patient assessment and individual care planning related to music therapy.
· Provide music therapy services in accordance with the standards of Music Therapy Clinical Practice, including patient assessment and individual care planning related to music therapy.
· Maintain music therapy equipment and supplies.
· Communicate in a timely manner with interdisciplinary team members regarding changes in patient condition and other information as needed.
· Document patient care according to established requirements and timeframe.
· Accountable on an ongoing basis for information communicated at staff meetings. Discusses all unclear issues with the supervisor.
Evaluates and recommends changes in processes and procedures related to music therapy.
· May be assigned to provide education to other clinicians to extend their ability to provide therapeutic music, for example, develop an in-service for chaplains in using music in their roles.
· Aids in the collection of patient stories and other data to use in working with development staff to describe impact of music therapy to donors and for future donor proposals.